The Fourth of July has come and gone which means summer is in full swing! After those long winter months, you might notice that your skin is looking a little lackluster. As the sun starts to peek out again you might find yourself wanting to perk up your skin, and the best way to do that is from the inside out. It starts with what you put in your body, so here are five foods that will help you get your summer glow on!
- Citrus: Slice up an orange, grapefruit, or put a squeeze of lemon in your water. Citrus fruits are chalked full of Vitamin C which is amazing for your skin! Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps your skin resist damage from the sun, which can slow the signs of aging. As an added bonus, did you know that Vitamin C is also essential for your body to create collagen? If you’ve been following us for more than a minute you know collagen it’s a key structural protein for strong and healthy skin and we will take all the help we can get! Looking for an easy way to get your 100% Daily Vitamin C this summer? Add one scoop of our Marine Collagen Beauty Blend to your daily routine!
- Nuts: Nuts like walnuts and cashews are full of essential fatty acids that your body can’t naturally produce. In fact, walnuts are richer than all other nuts in Omega 3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation in your skin. Grab a handful as a snack or use them as a topper to your salad for an extra crunch! So long tired eyes!
- Seeds: Chia seeds and sunflower seeds are tiny foods that pack a powerful punch! Chia seeds are a powerful antioxidant - try adding them to your morning smoothie or try out our chocolate collagen chia seed pudding! In addition, just two ounces of sunflower seeds (which add a perfect crunch to any salad or make for a great beach snack) can give you 74% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamin E . Vitamin E is one of the most powerful vitamins for your skin, both helping defend it from free radicals and reduce sun damage.
- Water: Although it’s not a food, drinking plenty of water is the most important thing you can do for your skin to keep it hydrated. Not only will drinking plenty of water help your body flush out toxins but it will also leave you with healthier cells and a brighter complexion. The general rule for good hydration is half your body weight in ounces a day, but don’t forget to add more if you’re spending time in the sun or working out!
- Collagen: Of course we have to add collagen to this list! Collagen is frequently referred to as “the glue that holds your body together” and for good reason. 70% of our skin is made up of collagen but once we reach the age of 25, our bodies naturally start making less of it, which is why the appearance of our skin can start to change as you get older. Adding Collagen For Her to your diet, can help improve the appearance of skin to give it a firmer and smoother look as well as promote blood flow and good circulation aka your skin will be glowing naturally!
Waking up your dull winter skin is easier than ever with the addition of these simple, nutritious, and delicious foods! This time of year we love adding in our Marine Collagen Beauty Blend to our usual collagen routine because it not only has collagen but also 100% daily Vitamin C! A double whammy! Running low on Collagen For Her? Stock up here!