It is still October, which means we are still riding the pumpkin train! Who’s with us?! This homemade pumpkin chai latte is not only a little bit healthier than the sugar-packed coffee shop alternatives but has 10g of protein thanks to our old friend, collagen. Here’s how to make it!
- 1 tea bag of spiced chai
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons real pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 scoop Unflavored Collagen For Her (Beauty Blend works too)
- Pinch of salt
- Boil ½ cup of water, add chia tea bag, and let steep for 4 minutes. Before removing the tea bag, squeeze any water remaining out.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add almond milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin spice and salt. Once mixed together, pour into a blender and blend until it is fully mixed and the drink is nice and creamy.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan to rewarm on the stove and then pour it into a mug.
- Top with frothed milk, coconut whipped cream, and extra pumpkin spice topping or any of your other favorite toppings.